Looking For Plumbing Services? Here’s Your Easy Checklist!
Nothing can be more frustrating than a leaking tap or a burst pipe. Homeowners should ideally keep the number of a plumbing service on their speed dial at all times, because one never knows when repairs get necessary. Choosing between plumbers in Preston can be confusing, which is why we have listed down the factors that must be on the top of your priority list!
- The basics. First things first, make sure that company is licensed and insured. They must have an in-house team of technicians and experts, who must be trained, bonded, insured and experienced on the job. Don’t be surprised to know that services actually hire workers when they need, and therefore, that affects the work quality.
- Experience. How long the company has been in business? How many clients have they managed so far? Is the company Gas Safe and OFTEC registered? It is important to find a plumbing service that has the required experience and expertise to deal with every from broilers to pipe leaks.
- Is the company associated and accredited by leading brands? Most of the bigger plumbing and boiler repair companies have associations with brands like Vaillant, Worcester Bosch, Ferolli, and Baxi, which tells a lot about their expertise and experience.
- Response time. How long does the company take to send their experts? Do they work 24×7, and if yes, will they offer immediate assistance for plumbing needs? These are important questions you need to ask before taking the final call.
- What areas do they cover? Check if the company offers services in your area. Also, some plumbing services may not take interest in smaller work, which isn’t the ideal behaviour of a known company.
- Free estimates. Estimates and initial consultation are usually free, but some plumbers do charge a nominal cost for site visit. Make sure that the pricing is mentioned on paper and you have a written contract in placer.
- If a plumbing service has been in business for more than five years, they will have enough clients to offer references on request. With names and numbers, you can call up local clients in the area, to know the kind of experience they had with the concerned company.
Finally, do check if the repairs or replacements come with a warranty. It is possible to get discounts for certain extensive tasks, so try for that, as well. Shortlist a few services now and start comparing what’s on offer!